Creative movement is a wonderful introduction to dance for the 3 & 4 year old
It teaches the early stages of coordination and musicality and introduces commonly used steps and movements used in the more formal disciplines.
- At Marr-Mac our philosophy “to instill the love of dance and music” has always been the motivation behind our teaching.
- With our young students, we focus on the early stages of coordination, musicality, and fostering the discovery of movement through artistic exploration and creativity.
- In Creative Movement we introduce boys and girls ages 3 & 4 to basic dance styles while allowing their imagination to guide their journey of dance.
A large component of movement is taught through the use of imaginative play.
- We learn how to run on demi pointe by flying like bees or butterfly; jumping is explored by becoming a rabbit, frog, or kangaroo; and galloping like a horse is a movement loved by all!
- Props, instruments, books, and music are the foundation from which we explore movement, musicality, imagination, and self-confidence.