Creative movement is a wonderful introduction to dance for the beginner student.
It teaches the early stages of coordination and musicality, and introduces
commonly used steps and movements used in the more formal disciplines.
Creative Movement is a wonderful introduction to dance for young Children.
- At Marr Mac our philosophy “to instill the love of dance and music” has always been the motivation behind our teaching.
- With our young students we focus on the early stages of coordination, musicality, and fostering the discovery of movement through artistic exploration and creativity.
- In Creative Movement we introduce boys and girls ages 3 & 4 to basic dance styles while allowing their imagination to guide their journey of dance.
A large component of movement is taught through the use of imaginative play.
- We learn how to run on demi pointe by flying like bees or butterfly; jumping is explored by becoming a rabbit, frog, or kangaroo; and galloping like horse is a movement loved by all!
- Props, instruments, books, and music are the foundation from which we explore movement, musicality, imagination, and self-confidence.
Fun is always the goal!
Our Early Childhood Creative Movement Instructors visit West Edmonton Mall and demonstrate some fun dance techniques
Shaw TV interviews our Assistant Director and
Fine Arts Coordinator, Christina Breault
Click on the images below to view