Hello to all of our Marr-Mac families! The DancEnhance Society is holding their AGM at Marr-Mac on Saturday, January 28th, 2017 at 10:00 a.m.
As a registered family of Marr-Mac you become a member of DancEnhance Society which supports your dancer. Please plan to attend the meeting if;
- you have an interest in supporting the society by attending meetings or as a board member (parents, grandparents, friends, welcome)
- have a dancer who is interested in attending workshops and dance trips during the year
- would like your dancer to receive subsidies from the Society towards workshops or dance trips in the future
- are interested in learning more about the upcoming dance trip to Harbor Dance Center, Vancouver, August 2017
- would like to assist in fundraising or trip planning
Mostly the Society would love your input as to what you think their goals should be to best suit the needs of your dancers!
DancEnhance Society is a registered, nonprofit organization whose overarching goal is to provide support for enhanced learning and development opportunities for dancers in the community. Since our establishment in 2008, we have supported dancers in several ways including:
- Subsidizing dancers’ expenses to attend workshops and dance trips
- Sponsoring guest instructors, choreographers and dance workshops in Edmonton
- Offering a ‘Dream to Dance scholarship’ for children of families in need who would like to take dance instruction.
Annual memberships are available to the public for $10.
Every parent of a registered student at Marr-Mac Dance & Theatre Arts, and
every Marr-Mac student over 18 years of age, is a member of the society.
If you’d like further information about the society or opportunities to participate or volunteer, please contact DancEnhanceSociety@gmail.com. By sharing your email address with us, we can keep you up to date on subsidies, workshops, etc.
Thank you for your support!
Wishing you a wonderful year in dance,
DancEnhance Society Board of Directors
Please email any suggestions to email@example.com
DancEnhance Society – Fall Silent Auction-Brunch Fund Raiser
Sunday, December 10th, 2017 – Chateau Louis Conference Centre
The DancEnhance Parent Society raises money to provide your dancer with training opportunities such as subsidies to attend workshops and dance trips. The Silent Auction is their main source of fund raising. Many classes are performing at the Sunday auction/brunch. Tickets go on sale in November and the event sells out each year. Check with your child’s teacher as to whether they are performing.
The Society asks for each family to donate 2 brand new items for the auction. These items can be of any dollar value.
Please help us out by volunteering to help set up auction items on the day of the auction or to help transport auction items to the Chateau Louis.
It’s a super fun event and a great opportunity to get some great deals on your Christmas list!